Careprost Eye Drop for Treating high Pressure inside the Eyes
Careprost Plus is a combination of two medicines which are Timolol and Bimatoprost. Both of these medicines belong to a medicinal group known as Prostaglandin analogs and Beta Blockers. People use eye drops to treat ocular Hypertension and Glaucoma. It helps decrease the fluid Pressure in your eye, which is aqueous humor.
Glaucoma is an eye disease that can damage the optic nerve in the back of your eye, which can cause loss of vision or complete blindness. On the other hand, Ocular Hypertension is the Pressure on your eye that does not cause any damage to the optic nerve or vision loss.
How to use Careprost Plus?
Careprost Plus eye drop is a medicine that is used for external purposes only. You need to consider the dose and duration as advised by the doctor. You can also check the label on the label and use it as directed.
While using, you should hold the dropper close to your eye, but make sure it does not touch it. Then, gently squeeze the bottle, and once the medicine is put inside the eye, you can wipe off the extra liquid.
Careprost Plus Interactions
Careprost Plus does interact with different drugs, food, and disease. That is why you need to consult with your doctor once and tell them about your condition. These are some food, drugs, and disease which can interact with the Careprost Plus eye drop-
Drug-Food Interaction- Careprost eye drops can interact with alcohol and any multivitamins you are taking them.
Drug-Drug Interaction- Careprost Plus Eye Drop can also interact with the lower blood pressure medicine (such as nifedipine, verapamil, and atenolol), medicine to treat diabetes (glibenclamide, metformin), heart medicine (quinidine) and medicines to treat the depression Paxlovid and fluoxetine).
Drug-Disease Interaction – Careprost Plus Eye drops interact with heart failure, low blood pressure, coronary heart disease, Raynaud’s syndrome (poor circulation of blood), breathing problems (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma), liver or kidney problem, macular edema (cause retina swelling).
How does Careprost Plus eye drop work?
Careprost Plus is an eye drop that is a combination of two medicines that helps in decreasing the production of fluid in the eye. With this, you can reduce the pressure on the eye.
Benefits of Careprost Plus Eye Drop
Careprost Plus does help you in treating some of your eye diseases, such as.
In treating the Glaucoma
Glaucoma is an eye disease that can damage the optic nerve, which is essential for proper vision. It is the damage that is caused because of the high pressure on the eye, which also helps in preventing the complications of the disease, including blindness. You can use the medication alone or even with another eye drop.
In treating Ocular Hypertension
Ocular Hypertension is a condition where the pressure inside your eye can be more than normal eye pressure. It is the eye drop that helps in increasing the flow of fluid from inside your eye and lowers the increased Pressure. With this medication, you can prevent further damage, such as a change in vision and complete blindness. But when you use this eye drop regularly as per the doctor’s instruction, then you can treat it.
Side-effects of Careprost Plus Drops
- Loss of fat near the eye which can deepen your eyelid crease
- Sensitivity to the light, dry eyes, sticky eyes
- Eye redness
- Blurred vision
- Runny nose
- Redness or itching near eyelids, darkening of the eyelid, darkening of skin color near your eye area
- Burning, stinging, irritation, and itching of the conjunctiva
- There may be small breaks on the eye surface which can be with and without inflammation.
- Eye irritation, swollen eyelid, longer eyelashes, reduced vision, and water eyes
- Shortness of breath
- Darkening the eyelashes
- Painful eyelid, in-growing eyelashes
- Iris inflammation
- Uncommon sensation in the eye
Precautions for Careprost Plus
- Driving and using the machine- It is advised that people should not drive or operate the machine when they are using the Careprost Plus because they may feel dizziness, eyesight problem, or blurred vision.
- Alcohol- During your treatment with Careprost Plus, it is recommended not to consume alcohol.
- Pregnancy- If you are pregnant, it is usually not recommended to use this medicine without consulting the doctor.
- Breastfeeding- In breastfeeding also, you should not use Careprost Plus.
- Liver- If you are a patient with some liver problem, you should also use Careprost Plus with caution.
- Kidney- Careprost Plus should be used after proper guidance from the doctor if you have some kidney problem.
- Allergy- If you are allergic to Timolol, Bimatoprost or beta blocker, or any other ingredient that is in Careprost, then it will be better to avoid using it.
- Heart Disease – Careprost Plus eye drop is not for people who have some heart disease such as heart block, low heart rate, or heart failure. The person with these types of diseases should consult with a doctor and then also use it with caution.
Diet and Lifestyle advice
- It is always better for you to avoid alcoholic beverages because they may make you feel dehydrated and can even cause eye pressure.
- Better to visit an optician when you feel eye pressure.
- It is better to include the omega-3 fatty acid that will keep your heart healthy that contain the food and drinks in your diet. It even helps you use low-fat cooking oil such as canola oil, coconut oil, soybean oil, and olive oil.
- Fruits and vegetables that have Vitamin A and C helps in improving vision and also recovering the disease.
- Make sure you are taking a healthy diet with leafy and green vegetables that helps in lowering eye pressure.
- It is better to do regular exercise and appropriate rest, which is crucial for the illness.
- While using the Careprost Plus eye drop, it is better to remove the contact lenses so there will be no side effects.
- You should never use two different medications together. There should be a gap of 10-15 minutes between them.
Careprost Plus Dosage
Before you start using Careprost Plus eye drops, you need to consult with the doctor. They will advise you on the dosage of the medicine as required. If the person is taking any other medication, it is essential to tell the doctor before only.
- It is always better to keep Careprost Plus eye drops out of the reach of pets and children.
- Store the eye drop at room temperature
Do Bimatoprost even cause high blood pressure?
Most people have been using Bimatoprost for a long time and very rarely it causes high or low blood pressure. But can consult with the doctor if you have any problems.
Is it safe to use Careprost?
Yes, using Careprost is completely safe for you to use. An ingredient such as Bimatoprost is approved as a medical product in 200 and helps lower eye pressure on people.
How long will it take to see the results from Careprost?
If you use Careprost Plus eye drop 3ml, then that will last for about 16 weeks, and it is enough time which will help you experience the full effect. You should use the product twice a week so you can maintain better results.
Does Careprost even work on your eyebrows?
When you use Careprost daily then, that will help in keeping your brows and lashes longer. You need to know that when you experience these benefits, then that will lead to hyper-pigmentation on your skin.