What is Megalis 10 mg?
Megalis 10 mg, containing the active ingredient Tadalafil, is a prescription medication and belongs to a class of drugs known as Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors. It is primarily used to address the problem of Erectile Dysfunction in adult men.
|Brand Name||Megalis 10 mg|
|Class||Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE5) Inhibitor|
|Indication||Treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED)|
|Mechanism of Action||Increases blood flow to the penis by relaxing the smooth muscles in the blood vessels|
|Onset of Action||Approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour after taking the medication|
|Duration of Effect||Up to 36 hours|
|Dosage||Take one tablet with a glass of water. Do not exceed one tablet in a 24-hour period.|
|Administration||Oral, with or without food|
|Contraindications||Megalis 10 mg is contraindicated in cases of tadalafil or ingredient allergies, concurrent use of nitrates or alpha-blockers, other PDE-5 inhibitors or riociguat, individuals under 18, and in patients with severe liver or kidney impairment.|
|Expiry Date||Expiry for Megalis 10 mg is not less than November 2024|
|Manufacturer||Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.|
What are the Uses of Megalis 10 mg?
Erectile Dysfunction: Megalis 10 mg is primarily prescribed to treat the symptoms of ED, helping men achieve and maintain a firm erection during sexual activity.
How Does Megalis 10 mg Work?
This medicine works via increasing blood go with the flow to the penis, which permits a person to reap and maintain an erection. It achieves this via relaxing the clean muscle mass within the blood vessels, allowing more blood to circulate the penis while sexually aroused.
Effects of Overdosing or Missing a Dose of Megalis 10 mg
– Overdosing: Taking extra than the encouraged dose can cause probably extreme facet effects and must be prevented. If you think an overdose, are seeking medical interest at once.
– Missing a Dose: Megalis 10 mg is typically taken as needed before sexual activity. There is no daily dosing schedule, so missing a dose is not a concern.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Megalis 10 mg?
– Avoid Alcohol: It is advisable to limit or avoid alcohol consumption while using Megalis 10 mg, as it may increase the risk of certain side effects.
– Grapefruit Juice: Grapefruit juice can interact with the medication and should be consumed in moderation.
When Not to Use Megalis 10 mg?
Megalis 10 mg is contraindicated in the following situations:
– Allergies to Tadalafil or its ingredients
– Concomitant use of nitrates for chest pain or alpha-blockers for benign prostatic hyperplasia
– Concurrent use of other PDE-5 inhibitors or riociguat
– Individuals under the age of 18
– Patients with severe liver or kidney impairment
Benefits of Megalis 10 mg
The key benefit of Megalis 10 mg is its ability to help men with ED achieve and sustain an erection, enhancing their sexual performance and overall quality of life.
Side Effects of Megalis 10 mg
Common side effects may include
– Back pain
– Muscle aches
Serious side effects are rare but can include
– Vision changes
– Sudden hearing loss.
For additional information on side effects, please refer to this: https://www.zmedx.com/understanding-tadalafil-side-effects/
Strengths of Megalis
Another notable strength of Megalis is:
Megalis 10 mg should be stored at room temperature, between 20-25°C (68-77°F), in a dry place, and away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Megalis 10 mg, containing Tadalafil, may interact adversely with nitrates, alpha-blockers, other PDE-5 inhibitors, riociguat, excessive alcohol, and high grapefruit juice consumption. Discuss any medications or substances you are using with your healthcare provider to ensure safe and effective usage.
Warnings & Precautions
Before taking Megalis 10 mg, consult a healthcare provider, especially if you have allergies to tadalafil, are using nitrates or alpha-blockers, or have severe liver or kidney issues. Avoid grapefruit juice and limit alcohol intake. Seek immediate medical attention for prolonged erections or unusual vision or hearing changes. Always disclose your medical history and medications to your healthcare provider for safe usage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Megalis 10 mg safe for everyone?
A: No, Megalis 10 mg is not safe for individuals with certain contraindications, such as allergies to its ingredients, concomitant use of nitrates or alpha-blockers, or severe liver or kidney impairment.
Q: How long does the effect of Megalis 10 mg last?
A: The effects can last up to 36 hours, allowing for increased flexibility in sexual activity.
Q: Can I drink alcohol while taking Megalis 10 mg?
A: It is advisable to limit or avoid alcohol consumption as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Q: Is Megalis 10 mg a cure for Erectile Dysfunction?
A: No, it is not a cure, but it can effectively manage the symptoms of ED.
- Tadalafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information published by medlineplus.gov : https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a604008.html
- Erectile dysfunction – Symptoms and causes published by mayoclinic.org: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/erectile-dysfunction/symptoms-causes/syc-20355776
The content available on this website blog serves solely for informational and educational purposes. It is not meant to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We strongly recommend consulting your physician or a qualified healthcare provider for any inquiries or concerns related to a medical condition.